The Human Resources Division of the Academy of Management is pleased to invite applications for the 2018 New Faculty Consortium which will be held at the Annual meeting of the AOM in Chicago, on Saturday August 11, 2018.
This professional development workshop is geared towards early career faculty who teach or conduct research in Human Resources Management. Featuring successful senior faculty members with proven records in research and teaching, this PDW aims to provide guidance in navigating an academic career in an ever-changing and challenging environment.
Attendees will participate in interactive round table discussions about early career work-family balance, dual career issues, and efficient teaching. Additionally, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about tenure and promotion procedures from scholars who have served on promotion committees at different types of schools, as well as engage them in questions. Further, participants will be provided with strategies for publishing in top journals and, through a joint session with other consortia, will be able to engage with the editors of prestigious journals in the field.
The sessions and associated faculty include:
Politics in Academe
Micki Kacmar – Texas State University
Chris Rosen – University of Arkansas
James Hayton – Warwick Business School
Murray Barrick – Texas A & M University,
Pat Wright –University of South Carolina,
Derek Avery – Wake Forest University;
Miriam Erez -Technion, Israel Institute of Technology,
Samuel Ayree – University of Surrey
1. Efficient teaching
· Laura LeDuc – James Madison University,
· John Delery – University of Arkansas
2. Early career work family balance without kids
· Joel Koopman – Texas A&M University
· Allie Gabriel – The University of Arizona)
3. Work life balance with kids
· Mikki Hebl – Rice University
· Sabrina Volpone – University of Colorado
4. Dual career issues
· Julie Hancock, North Texas University
· Christina Sue Chan from the City University of Hong Kong
5. More research and instituting collaborative relationships
· Kaifeng Jiang, The Ohio State University
· Jasmine Hu, The Ohio State University
At the end of the day, an Editorial Panel „Ask the editors session“ will be hold.
Interested applicants should submit their name, affiliation, how many years post PhD, email, a vita, and a one page statement of interests to Julie Hancock at Julie.Hancock@unt.edu
Deadline: Before July 25, 2018