This international conference hosted by the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Vienna) and the University of Augsburg addresses new developments in and challenges for Green HRM and Sustainable Behavior in and of organizations. Since the research field of Green HRM and Sustainable Organizational Behavior has grown quickly, we aim to offer an opportunity for international scholars to present and discuss recent findings of their studies. In addition, this conference marks the end of our FWF/DFG funded project on “Comparative Green HRM” led by Michael Muller-Camen and Marcus Wagner.
We welcome high quality contributions and work-in-progress submissions across research fields and theoretical backgrounds that advance our understanding of current developments and challenges (e.g. tensions and paradoxes) in the context of Green HRM and Sustainable Behaviors in the workplace. Potential areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical and/or empirical contributions on recent developments and challenges in Green HRM practices and Sustainable Behavior
- Multi-level and comparative perspectives on Green HRM practices, Sustainable Behavior and their respective antecedents and outcomes
- Responses to challenges of Sustainable Behavior that materialize in tensions, contradictions or paradoxes of sustainability
- Nested and multi-level paradoxes that result from the inherent complexity of sustainability in a workplace context as well as preferences, norms, and (dis-)incentives for Sustainable Workplace Behaviors
- Mixed methods approaches for investigating Sustainable HRM/company policies, Sustainable Behaviors, and their interplay
- Research into the process and outcomes of determining key issues and policies for Strategic Green HRM within and between companies
Conference date: Thursday, 17 March 2022 to Friday, 18 March 2022, 13:00 to 21:00 CET/6:00 to 14:00 CT / Venue: Online and on the Campus of WU Vienna / Participation is free of charge.
View the complete CfP here.
Paper submission: Deadline 16 January 2022 by using this Online form.
Registration is now open until 20 February 2022 via the Conference Website.
- Prof. Susan E. Jackson (Department of Human Resource Management, Rutgers – The State University of New Jersey)
- Prof. Yuan Jiang (Harbin Institute of Technology)
- Prof. Michael Müller-Camen (Institute for Human Resource Management, WU Vienna)
- Prof. Pascal Paillé (NEOMA Business School)
- Prof. Andrew Spicer (Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina)
- Prof. Shuang Ren (Deakin Business School, Deakin University)
- Prof. Douglas Renwick (Nottingham Business School, Trent University)
- Prof. Marcus Wagner (Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, University of Augsburg)
- Prof. Maurizio Zollo (Department of Management and Entrepreneurship, Imperial College London)