Empirical research is seeking through methodological processes to discover, hopefully, nontrivial facts and insights. Beside choosing a topic and grounding an idea in theory, empirical research consists of gathering and analysing data as well as presenting results in scientific contexts in order to contribute new issues to the body of acquired knowledge – not only to someone‘s own but also to that of others.
The workshop tackles these steps of your research project:
- Gathering data via (un)structured interviews and analysing standardized survey data,
- using the computer for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
The regular workshop fee is 395 Euro (including meals and accommodation at Sankelmark). The workshop fee is 245 Euro without accommodation at Sankelmark (only meals are included).
It is possible to get a certificate on the credit points (according to the European Credit Transfer System).
In detail the following courses will be offered:
- Data Analysis with Stata
- Data Analysis with R
- Introduction to the German General Social Survey (ALLBUS)
- Introduction to IAB Data
- Introduction to the SOEP
- Analysing Panel Data and Advanced Econometrics
- Network Analysis
- Questionnaire Design
- Introduction to Survival Analysis
- Vignette Sudy
- Qualitative Inquiry and Content Analysis with MAXQDA
- Qualitative Methods: From Research Question to Study Design
- From Words to Networks: Information and Relation Extraction from Text Data and Analysis of Socio-technical Networks
- Case Study Research
- Introduction to MAXQDA for Case Studies
- Grounded Theory
PLEASE notice that every course has just a certain amount of participants and that some courses are offered in German only!