Institution: see Organisers & Acknowledgements
Programme of study: International Research Workshop
Lecturer: Dipl.-Verw. Wiss. Tobias Gramlich (University of Duisburg-Essen)
Date: Monday, 29/09/14 – Wednesday, 01/10/14 from 09.00-12.30 h
Max. number of participants: 20
Credit Points: 5 CP for participating in the whole IRWS
Language of instruction: English
Stata is a statistical program package widely used (not only) in the social and economical sciences; it is used for data management, statistical graphics and analysis of quantitative data. Statistical concepts will not be part of the course, so participants should have some very basic knowledge of statistics. The course should enable participants to prepare their data for analysis, perform adequate analysis using a statistical computer program and to document these tasks to keep them reproducible.
For Beginners with no or very little Stata knowledge!
Course topics cover:
- “What You Type is What You Get”: Basic stata Command syntax
- Getting (and Understanding) Help within stata: stata Bulit-in Help System
- Basic Data Management: Load and Save stata Datasets, Generate and Manipulate Variables, Describe and Label Data and Variables, Perform Basic uni- and bivariate Analyses, Change the Structure of your Data
- Basic stata Graphics: Scatterplot, Histogram, Bar Chart
- Working with “Do-” and “Log-” Files
You have to register for the 8th International Research Workshop to participate in this course.