Empirical research is seeking through methodological processes to discover, hopefully, nontrivial facts and insights. Beside choosing a topic and grounding an idea in theory, empirical research consists of gathering and analysing data as well as presenting results in scientific contexts in order to contribute new issues to the body of acquired knowledge – not only to someone‘s own but also to that of others.
Our workshop tackles these steps of your research project:
- Gathering data via (un)structured interviews and analysing standardized survey data,
- using the computer for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
These steps will strengthen the cooperation in empirical research to boost and streamline ones project.
The regular workshop fee is 395 Euro (including meals and accommodation at Sankelmark). The workshop fee is 245 Euro without accomodation at Sankelmark (only meals are included).
It is possible to get a certificate on the credit points (according to the European Credit Transfer System).
In detail the following courses will be offered:
- Analysing Panel Data
- Structural Equation Modelling with Amos
- Data Analysis with Stata – Beginners
- Data Analysis with Stata – Intermediates
- Data Analysis with R
- Sequential Analysis
- Introduction to the SOEP
- Network Analysis
- Questionnaire Design
- Qualitative (Expert) Interviews
- Qualitative Inquiry and Content Analysis with MAXQDA
- From Words to Networks: Information and Relation Extraction from Text Data and Analysis of Socio-technical Networks
- Case Study Research
- Introduction to MAXQDA for Case Studies
- Grounded Theory
PLEASE notice that every course has just a certain amount of participants and that some courses are offered in German only!
For further information, especially lecturers, program, organizers and registration visit our website at: http://www.phd-network.eu/
For any questions don’t hesitate to contact the workshop coordinator Dr. Simon Fietze.
The International Research Workshop is organised by Prof. Dr. Wenzel Matiaske, Professor for Business Studies, particularly Leadership and Labour Relations at the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Helmut-Schmidt-University/University of Federal Armed Forces and Research Professor at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin).