The GESIS department “Monitoring Society and Social Change” is seeking for the German Microdata Lab (GML) a
Research Associate (f/m)
(salary group EG 13 TV-L, full time, initially limited for 4 years)
starting at the earliest possible date in Mannheim, Germany.
Your areas of responsibility include:
- Development and expansion of microdata based service and research to European social indicators
- Development and expansion of social indicators on a meso- and makro-level using European Microdata
- Development of analytical tools (e.g. regarding weighting, imputation, non-response)
- Research including publication and presentation of findings
Your tasks are:
- Completed thesis in sociology respectively empirical social science
- Excellent knowledge of empirical social research methods
- Experience in the data management and analysis of European microdata
- Research interest in the area of social structure of societies and European comparative analysis
- Skills in SPSS, Stata, SAS or R
For further information concerning job description please contact Heike Wirth. In case of questions concerning the application process please contact Michaela Schwarzhaupt via Email.
Please mind that we only accept online applications.
You can apply here until November, 5th 2016. The job ID is: DBG-15