Institution: Helmut-Schmidt-University Hamburg
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Hee-Young Kim, Department of Applied Statistics, Korea University, Sejong, South Korea
Dates: Mondays: 15:45-17:15, Seminarraum 0205
Tuesdays: 08:00-09:30, Seminarraum 0205
The first lecture will take place on 04. October 2016
Place: Helmut-Schmidt-Universität, Holstenhofweg 85, 22043, Hamburg
Language of instruction: English
In the upcoming trimester (Herbstrimester 2016), Prof. Hee-Young Kim (Department of Applied Statistics, Korea University, Sejong, South Korea), visiting professor at the Chair of Quantitative Methods in Economics (Prof. Christian Weiß), will hold a lecture on nonparametric statistical methods. Although this lecture is directed at students in the first place, scientific staff is nevertheless, within the framework of the “HSU-Doktorandenweiterbildung”, cordially invited to attend. Among the issues being addressed are:
- Nonparametric statistical methods for dichotomous data,
- for one-sample and two-sample location problems,
- for two-sample dispersion problems and other two-sample problems,
- for location problems under a one-way or two-way layout,
- for analyzing the cross-dependence of bivariate data,
- and for regression analysis.
The lecture will be held in English. Due to regulatory requirements, credit points can unfortunately not be awarded to Ph.D. students for attending the lecture, as was held out in prospect in the first announcement.