LIS is seeking applications for two additional staff persons:
- one permanent, full-time Microdata Expert
- one temporary (one-year) full-time Microdata Expert
The positions involve harmonising and documenting microdata in the areas of income, labor, demographics, and wealth, as well as contributing to the conceptual framework of harmonising cross-national microdata. All staff also participate in LIS training and pedagogical activities.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references (with contact information). Send applications via email, attention Caroline de Tombeur, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should have an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the social sciences, economics, statistics or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying work experience may be accepted in place of an advanced degree.
Applicants should also have the following:
- substantial experience working with microdata, especially producing or harmonising datasets
- substantial knowledge of Stata proficiency in English (the working language in the LIS office)
Priority will be given to applicants with work experience related to:
- LIS microdata income or consumption / expenditure data and/ or labor market data
- Candidates with various levels of experience and seniority will be considered, and salary will be commensurate.
Review of applications will start immediately. Applications will be considered until the positions are filled.