Institution: see Organisers & Acknowledgements
Program of study: International Research Workshop
Lecturer: Miriam Wilhelm
03.10.2011, 14:00 – 17:30
04.10.2011, 14:00 – 17:30
Max. number of participants: 25
Semester periods per week: n.s.
Credit Points: 5 CP for participating in the whole IRWS
Language of instruction: English/German (depending on participants)
In this course participants will learn to design, conduct and publish case studies. After the course participants:
- are knowledgeable about which type of research question are most appropriate for a case study approach,
- will be able to differentiate between different types of case studies,
- are familiar with the sampling logic,
- are knowledge about the typical pitfalls of conducting cases studies,
- are knowledgeable in writing up case studies for publications and addressing, typical critiques from reviewers.
The course will mainly be based on discussions of basic readings on case studies and “best practice“ examples that are provided on the learning platform in advance by the lecturer. In addition, participants will have the chance to discuss their own research design in class.
You have to register for the 5th International Research Workshop to participate in this course.