We are happy to invite PhD students and doctoral candidates to our Doctoral Workshop “Digitalization in Logistics” in Bremen. The workshop is organized by the Bremen Research Cluster for Dynamics in Logistics (LogDynamics) and will be held on February 10 – 11, 2020 at the University of Bremen. It is a satellite event in cooperation with the 7th International Conference on Dynamics in Logistics (LDIC 2020). The goal of the Doctoral Workshop is to forge a seed of young researchers from different disciplines, who share the interest in mechanisms for coordination of logistics processes as well as in the cooperation and competitiveness in supply chains.
The courses of the workshop include among others the following topics:
- Global Supply Chains and logistics management
- Good logistics research & design science research
- Digitalization and its impacts on transportation and mobility
- Logistics optimization problems
The students will utilize this knowledge within their own projects to:
- classify their research project in the topic landscape of the workshops
- sharpen the understanding of the working principles and realize the interdependencies between different levels and components of the systems
- work on concrete industrial case studies to explore evaluation possibilities
All researchers who work on projects or theses at the interface of logistics, computer science, industrial engineering or related fields are welcome to send their application. Successful participants will receive a certificate at the end of program.
Please submit your application, including CV and a short description of your project or thesis by January 5, 2020, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a detailed program and other important dates, please see the flyer or visit the website www.doctoral-workshop.logdynamics.de.