Reference Number 2020/128.
We invite applications for Postdoctoral Position for a duration of three years to do research in the Cluster Project “Integration at Work”. The projected starting date is 1 October 2020. In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
“The Politics of Inequality” is a Cluster of Excellence at the University of Konstanz. The Cluster’s researchers investigate inequality in areas such as education, employment, and political rights. They study how people perceive these inequalities, how they lead to collective mobilization, and how political actors respond to them.
In the project “Integration at Work”, we research in an interdisciplinary team of Prof. Florian Kunze, JProf. Sebastian Koos, Prof. Claudia Diehl, and Prof. Stephan Schumann on the workplace integration of migrant apprentices in Germany. Using an App-based survey tool, we plan to recruit and continuously survey 2.600 apprentices during their three-year training period to research how organizational, individual, and school-related factors affect migrant integration in companies. The Post-doc should coordinate the data collection, conduct and assist in the subsequent data analyses and participate in the publications for this project together with the project’s Principal Investigators and a Ph.D. student. More information about the project can be found under: www.integrationatwork.de
- An excellent doctoral dissertation (or close to submission) within the fields of organizational behavior/psychology, sociology, business education, business administration, economics or a related disciplines
- Excellent methods training for analyzing multilevel and longitudinal survey data
- Preferably experience with the collection of survey field data
- Interest and willingness to work in an interdisciplinary research team
- Willingness to take over project management tasks
- High motivation to execute high-quality empirical research with societal and organizational relevance
- Good communication skills in German to communication with the external partners in the project
- Good English language skills (in spoken and written)
- A short letter of motivation, why you would like to join our research project
- Curriculum Vitae and a list of publications
- Certification of a completed doctoral degree or submitted thesis (issued by the main doctoral advisor)
- Names of two potential referees
- Two writing samples (research papers, master/bachelor thesis/publications, etc.)
Please arrange your application documents into a single PDF file to submit your application via our Online Application Portal. The deadline for application is: 24th July 2020. For further information, please get in contact with Prof. Florian Kunze, florian.kunze(at)uni-konstanz.de.
For more information on the Cluster, please visit: http://inequality.uni.kn.