WASEDA Business School – Graduate School of Commerce
WASEDA University, Tokyo, Japan
WASEDA Business School (WBS) at WASEDA University in Tokyo, Japan is recruiting a fixed-term faculty member for a contract period of three years.
1. Number of positions and type: One position for a person who is competent to take charge of courses related to Business Administration). Rank (professor, associate professor or assistant professor) will be determined based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experiences.
2. Commencement of the employment contract: April 1, 2014
3. Contract period: Three years.
4. Salary and benefits: In accordance with the salary scales used by WASEDA University.
5. Content of work:
(1) The standard teaching load is 4/4. (A course [or koma] meets once per week for 90-minutes. There are 15 weeks in a semester.):
a) Courses conducted in English in the MBA Program of WASEDA Business School. If the applicant is fluent in Japanese, then he/she may be requested to take charge of courses offered in Japanese, too.
b) Number of courses: in principle, four per semester.
(2) Participating in other educational and research activities at WBS.
(3) Participating in activities of the WASEDA Business School Research Center.
6. Required qualifications: He/she must be able to deliver courses in English. Additionally, the prospective applicant is required to meet either of the two qualifications indicated below.
(1) Has obtained a doctoral degree in business administration or related field at the time of application.
(2) Will obtain a doctoral degree in business administration or related field by the end of March 2014.
7. Documents to be submitted: (All required forms can be obtained here http://www.waseda.jp/wbs/en/news/130516.html)
(1) Application form (Use the official form provided by WASEDA University.)
(2) Curriculum vitae (Use the official form provided by WASEDA University, and attachphotograph and research achievement list.)
(3) Undergraduate diploma and graduate school certificate of completion
(4) Undergraduate and graduate school transcripts
(5) a) Those who qualify under eligibility 6-(1): Doctoral degree certificate/diploma b) Those who qualify under eligibility 6-(2): Formal letter from the candidate’s doctoral dissertation thesis advisor.
(6) A list of major publications (maximum 20) in academic journals and academic conference presentations with abstracts of about 400 words each. (Note: The doctoral dissertation may be included in the list of major publications.)
(7) Copies of publications (maximum five)
(8) Self-evaluation of Japanese language proficiency and Japanese cultural understanding.
(9) Research plan during the period of employment (Note: The applicant may be requested to submit documents other than those listed above as deemed necessary.)
8. Application deadline: The completed application including the above documents must reach WBS by August 29, 2013.
9. Method of selection: Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview and a mock class session (or a research presentation). Relevant dates will be announced in due course. Cost of travel to and from the interview and other expenses will be borne by the applicants.
10. Notification of results: End of November 2013 (planned)
11. Mailing address for submitting application package (by post or courier service only): Faculty Recruiting Office of WASEDA Business School, WASEDA University 1-6-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 169-8050 E-mail Working hours: 9:00 – 17:00 Monday to Saturday
The administrative office is closed on Sundays and Japanese national holidays a) Please write clearly ‘WASEDA Business School Faculty Position Application Forms Enclosed’ on the envelope in red ink. b) Application documents will not be returned. Applicants who wish to have their documents returned must give notice beforehand. c) When the office receives the documents, you will be notified. If you do not receive notice that the office has received your application documents by the end of August,
please contact the office.
12. Information about WASEDA Business School: