Leuphana University of Lüneburg stands for innovation in education and scholarship based on the values of a humanistic, sustainable, and entrepreneurial university. The collaborative search for knowledge and viable solutions in the areas of education, culture, sustainability as well as management, and entrepreneurship defines the university model with its award-winning College, Graduate School, and Professional School. Methodological diversity and interdisciplinary cooperation characterize our academic understanding.
Faculty of Business and Economics, Institute of Management, Accounting, and Finance, is offering a part-time post (50%) as
Research Assistant in Management Accounting (m/f/d)
(salary group EG 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible, fixed-term for three years.
About the organization:
Leuphana University offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 9,000 students. Its campus is located in a residential neighborhood of the town of Lüneburg, approximately 60 kilometers from the city center of Hamburg. The position is assigned to the Professorship in Managerial Accounting (Prof. Dr. Rainer Lueg).
You are conducting research in the broad area of Strategic/Sustainable Performance Management (e.g., Value-based Management; Corporate Sustainability; or any related organizational planning and control practices) using archival and field data. You support a productive research environment by collaborating with colleagues, and by developing new talent.
The opportunity to obtain a Ph.D. (“Dr. rer. pol.”) will be provided.
You attract and manage to fund research projects.
Your teaching load is 2 teaching hours per week.
- You have completed (or nearly completed) an academic degree (Master level) in business, economics, or social sciences (e.g. sociology).
- You possess advanced proficiency in English (as defined by level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- You demonstrate the aptitude to publish in journals rated at least “3” in the Academic Journal Guide of the Chartered Association of Business Schools. For this, you must offer a firm apprehension of relevant social sciences theories, contemporary quantitative research methods, and the pertinent software applications. You are willing to commit to the research area of the professorship.
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Internal and external CPD courses
- University sports and health promotion measures for employees
- Employer-funded pension
- For additional questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Rainer Lueg (email@example.com).
Leuphana University of Lüneburg is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Your application should contain the following materials:
- A cover letter including your intermediate-term plan for research and/or teaching
- Job market paper (maybe your MSc or BSc thesis, or a seminar paper)
- CV (with relevant documentation, esp. courses in methodology and theory)
- List of publications/working papers
- The names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of up to three references (optional)
Please send your application by 9 Dec 2021 (extended deadline) preferably electronically (as a pdf file) or by mail to:
Leuphana University of Lüneburg
Prof. Dr. Rainer Lueg
Subject: PhD Managerial Accounting