The Professorship of Economics (Prof. Dr. Jutta Günther) in the Faculty of Business Studies and Economics at the University of Bremen invites candidates to apply for the fixed-term position of a
Research Assistant (PhD candidate)
– salary 13 TV-L (50% part time) –
The working group at the Professorship of Economics specialises in the field of innovation and structural change. It deals with empirical innovation research with a focus on questions of system transformation, internationalisation of research and innovation as well as technology and innovation policy. See: http://guenther.iino.uni-bremen.de/en/
- an employment contract for 3 years
- scope for independent research for a doctoral degree (normally a cumulative dissertation)
- a comprehensive data infrastructure for independent research and technical support in data related work
- integration into an international, agile working group of currently about 10 persons
- participation in the international research network of the working group
- chance for further training in the field of quantitative research methods, soft skills etc.
- possibility for a research visit abroad within the dissertation project
- participation in doctoral courses, scientific workshops, and international conferences
- a university degree at master level (normally 300 credit points) in economics, business administration or a related subject
- basic knowledge in quantitative empirical methods, esp. econometrics
- if possible first experience in empirical economic research
- assistance in academic teaching (max. 2 SWS), e.g. exercise sessions, supervision of students
- contribution to research projects of the working group
- support of the internationalisation activities of the working group and the faculty
- good English and at least basic German, team orientation, and scientific curiosity
- As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In the case of equal qualification, disabled persons will be given priority. International applications, as well as applications of academics with a migration background, are explicitly welcome.
The employment is fixed-term and governed by the Act of Academic Fixed-Term Contract, §2 I (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). Therefore, candidates may only be considered for appointment if they still have the respective qualification periods available in accordance with § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
Please send your application (one pdf file) with all necessary information (CV, certificates etc.) and a version of your final thesis or a selected term paper until March 12, 2017 indicating the position number A244/16 to: University of Bremen, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics, Prof. Dr. Jutta Günther, Professorship of Economics, Innovation and Structural Economics, Hochschulring 4, 28359 Bremen, Germany or
Please send your application (one pdf file) with all necessary information (CV, certificates etc.) and a version of your final thesis or a selected term paper until March 12, 2017 indicating the position number A244/16 to: University of Bremen, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics, Prof. Dr. Jutta Günther, Professorship of Economics, Innovation and Structural Economics, Hochschulring 4, 28359 Bremen, Germany or email@example.com
In case you have any questions, please contact Dr. Muhamed Kudic: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org