Institution: Helmut-Schmidt-University Hamburg
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Hee-Young Kim, Department of Applied Statistics, Korea University, Sejong, South Korea
Date: Herbstrimester 2016, dates will be announced in due course
Place: Helmut-Schmidt-Universität, Holstenhofweg 85, 22043, Hamburg, places will be announced in due course
Language of instruction: German
Registration: No registration required
In the upcoming trimester (Herbstrimester 2016), Prof. Hee-Young Kim (Department of Applied Statistics, Korea University, Sejong, South Korea), visiting professor at the Chair of Quantitative Methods in Economics (Prof. Christian Weiß), will hold a lecture on nonparametric statistical methods. Although this lecture is directed at students in the first place, scientific staff is nevertheless, within the framework of the “HSU-Doktorandenweiterbildung”, cordially invited to attend. Among the issues being addressed are:
- Nonparametric statistical methods for dichotomous data,
- for one-sample and two-sample location problems,
- for two-sample dispersion problems and other two-sample problems,
- for location problems under a one-way or two-way layout,
- for analyzing the cross-dependence of bivariate data,
- and for regression analysis.
The lecture will be held in English; dates and places will be announced in due course. The lecture concludes with an optional oral assessment for which, if requested, 6 credit points can be awarded (in accordance with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System).