The Anderson School of Management at the University of New Mexico has an opportunity to add two positions, one an Assistant Professor in Organizational Behavior/Human Resources Management and the other an Assistant Professor in Strategic Management to start in August 2014 pending budgetary approval.
The Anderson School is AACSB accredited. Its management programs enroll approximately 1000 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students. The School emphasizes collaborative student interaction, active adult learning, team experiences, and scholarship that draws upon a variety of methodologies and subject areas. New Mexico is an ethnically diverse state with a rich cultural heritage. The University of New Mexico seeks a diverse faculty who can contribute to the University’s mission and
Minimum qualifications: Applicants must: a) have a Ph.D. or be a doctoral student in the candidacy phase in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management, or Strategic Management or related fields by August 15, 2014; b) provide evidence or promise of a significant program of research and scholarship; c) teaching experience related to Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management or Strategic Management and/or in closely related fields.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- A strong research record and research interests that are open to investigating academic questions that draw upon a variety of paradigms and methodologies;
- Excellence or potential for excellence in teaching and in developing innovative learning methods;
- Primary interest in teaching in organizational behavior, human resources management, or strategic management;
- Compatibility with current departmental and interdisciplinary teaching and research needs; and
- Evidence or potential for excellence in working with multicultural constituencies.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit:
1) a letter describing your interest in joining the Anderson School faculty and your qualifications for the position (see Minimum Qualifications and Preferences above);
2) a current vita;
3) evidence of research and teaching effectiveness including sample articles/publications and sample instructor evaluations; and
4) the contact information of at least three references – including phone numbers, email addresses, and mailing addresses.
For best consideration, complete applications must be received by September 15, 2013. The position will remain open until filled. All applications will be taken online at http://unmjobs.unm.edu. For the Organizational Behavior/Human Resources position please refer to Posting No. 0817814. The Strategic Management position will be posted upon budgetary approval. If you need assistance with your application, please visit: http://hr.unm.edu/abouthr/unmjobs.php#2. For other inquiries, please contact Jaye Francis, Department Administrator, at (505) 277-8889 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.